“Celebrating a Century” of professional service as the successor to Canton, Ohio’s original travel company, founded in 1905.
The company, known as Jacob Travel, was founded by William Jacob and was located in downtown Canton at 306 South Cherry Street. The primary business at the time was selling tickets for steamship travel from Europe to Ellis Island, New York and rail travel from New York to Canton, Ohio. The business continued to blossom and the company was relocated to the Landmark Building on the corner of Cherry and Tuscawaras Streets NE. Then in 1934 the travel agency moved once again to 150 Fourth St. NE and again in 1940 the business was relocated to the Courtland Hotel, still in downtown.
With the new airport being built on Lauby Road, business continued to grow and larger accommodations were necessary so the move to 128 Cleveland Avenue South in 1946. Once more a final move in 1969 was made to the new Cleve-Tusc. Building, also known as the William R. Day Building, at the corner of Cleveland Avenue and Tuscarawas Street W, where it remained until 1996.
Floyd Breit, an employee of Eastern Airlines, left Eastern Airlines to join Jacob Travel. Some years later, in 1969, Mr. Breit purchased Jacob Travel from the Jacob family and renamed the business Breit Travel. He operated Breit Travel until early 1980 when he sold the business to Donna Palmer.
In 1990, the decision was made to open a second office on Everhard Road to accommodate the rapidly growing travel business. Eventually, the downtown Canton and Everhard Road locations were combined and relocated to 5366 Fulton Drive NW where our office remains today. Donna Palmer was the owner of Palmer Vacations & Destination Planners from 1980 to 2020 when her daughter Lisa Palmer Shall began serving as owner / president.
In June of 2022, Palmer Vacations was acquired by All-Travel out of Los Angeles. With the resources of All-Travel, Palmer Vacations will continue to serve the needs of our community for years to come.